Rank: 6th Dan
- Hansonnal Olgulmakki (Single-knife (Open palm facing forward) High Block)
- Keumgang Apjireugi (Keumgang Strike)
- Mejumeok Pyojeokchigi (Target Back-fist Smash)
This poomsae is derived from the meaning of the earth. All things evolve from and return to the earth, the earth is the beginning and the end of life, as reelected through the Yin and Yang.
Poomsae video- Courtesy of Korea Taekwondo Association and Taekwonmaru
Promotion Test (6th Dan -> 7th Dan):
- At least 6 Years elapsed since the last promotion
- All candidate must be 36 or older.
- Perform 4 poomsae between TaeGeuk 1 ~ 8 Jang, Goryeo, Keumgang, Taeback, Pyungwon, and Sipjin
- Must Perform JiTae
- Combination Kicks of choice I (any 4 kicks combined together) X 4 / Combination Kicks of choice II (any 5 kicks combined together. Must incorporate 1 jump kick) X 4 / Combination Kicks of choice III (any 5 kicks combined together. Must incorporate 1 jump and 1 spin kicks) X 4
- 2 minutes of Olympic sparring
- Using 1″ X 12″ X 10″ board. 2 boards per break. Perform one hand break, one stationary kick Break, one jumping kick break and one spinning kick break. All single station. A set of 2 boards must be held higher than the candidate’s waist line. Jumping kick boards will be held at the head level (Up to 2nd Try)
- Written essay: Candidate’s choice of topic (minimum 10 pages)
After a successful test, the student will receive Kukkiwon issued 7th Dan/Poom Certificate